Friday, April 9, 2010

wild and wonderful ((:

To me West Virginia is a wonderful state. It may not have as many attractions as other states, but it is a great place to live. I've lived here my whole life and I wouldn't change it for nothing. I grew up on these mountains, I couldn't imagine living somewhere else. I have lived in the same community for 16 years and where I come from everyone knows eachother. Everyone is friendly and everyone helps everyone.
Others point of view on us is that we are uneducated and that we are all just a bunch of hillbillies. But that is coming from people who have never visited west virginia. Some people might not be as educated as others but I bet you they still have mountaineer spirit in them ((:
Just recently I have realized how wonderful west virginia really is. It's sad that I had to realize it through such a horrible tragedy. Throughout this recent tragedy my eyes really opened on how caring strangers can be towards eachother. People from all over the area was coming together to pray and have faith for our miners. Im glad I was lucky enough to be raised in such an amazing place<3

1 comment: